Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Of Alligators and Swamp Foxes

Okay, I know-- this has mostly been the Isaacson blog, without the Br, lately. What can I say? Teaching three creative writing workshops and getting my own stuff written and sent out took up more of my time than I thought it would this semester. But now Emily and I are both on break, without a care in the world. Until next week, when we go to Chicago for the Modern Language Association conference and Emily interviews for jobs. But let's not talk about that right now. Now's a time to just chillax. And blog.



As part of our chillaxation, Emily and I decided to go into the Everglades this afternoon-- the nearby Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge, to be precise. We hadn't gone on a hike or nature walk in a long, long time, and I'd never seen an alligator out in the wild. So we killed two birds with one stone. Not literally, of course-- I think they would have asked us to leave the park had we done that.




Anyway. Here are some pictures from our excursion. I imagine Emily will put more up lately-- she took close to 90 pictures today. Digital cameras are awesome like that.


No comments: